When the summer heat arrives, its nice to hike or bike the XC ski trail networks:
- higher elevations so they are usually cooler
- often treed so shade can be found
- good parking, well-signed
- cleared trails (no ski-scratching rocks!)
- double tracks for easy riding
A few of these trail networks are featured on kamloopstrails.net.
China Ridge Cross Country Ski Trails are situated on a ridge to the north of Princeton. Drive towards Coalmont and watch for the turn-off signs on the uphill side. There are 64 km of trails in the network and they have recently added 10km of single track routes for mountain bikers. Website link